Tuesday 8 January 2013

Something different



Recently my hours at work have decreased so much and it's making me realise how much I need to pinch those pennies to finally start saving money.. Going from more or less a guaranteed 10-15 hours a week to being lucky if I get 3 hours a week is such a shock to the system so I've thought about different ways I could earn an income on the side as I only work weekends anyway.

A while back I went through this really weird time where I couldn't leave the house because I was having anxiety style attacks and I'd get so upset it was impossible for me to do anything other than stay inside, and when I went to the doctors they asked me all sorts of questions and we came to the conclusion that I needed a hobby, because at the time I had none. I would literally go to college, come home, work a little bit, see my lovely boyfriend, eat, sleep and start the cycle all over again with work thrown in at the weekends. I'm not denying that my boyfriend is the best thing that I have alongside all my friends and family but I acknowledge now I do need something that's for me. Admittedly, blogging has filled something and it is a hobby now, but I still want something more.. 

Thinking about both an extra income on the side and needing a hobby I've decided to maybe start up my own little business/hobby. I love creating things and stitching, sewing, cross-stitch etc and my mum's recently bought an amazing sewing machine that I'm pretty sure does everything for you! Anyway, without all the drivel I've decided/thinking of making my own homemade home accessories type dealio. 

I'm going to start with smaller things, such as pillow covers, cushion covers, table decorations, aprons etc and I'm hoping if all goes well with that then I may move onto bigger things! I'd love to hear your opinion about this and whether you think it's a good idea. I've been so stuck on the idea I've even drawn up some ideas and things to show you lovely people. So please comment if you'd like to see them!

I'd literally be selling most things for less than £10 with p+p extra so I can make a teeny profit on it all. 

Let me know what you think! Feedback is so welcome aha! 

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely idea and your blog is a great platform to advertise :) I should be going to uni in the autumn so I'd love a couple of special cushions! good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OO my first order!

      Let me know what sort of thing you'd like and I'll get designing! I genuinely love making things and I've got ideas already heh!

      Thank-you so much xxx

      Delete
    2. Don't get too excited I'm even poorer than you! ;) haha but I'd love to see some of your designs x

      Delete
    3. Haha! I can always dream ;) but I'll get them scanned in and drawn up properly soon. Eek. Seeings as you're always commenting and complimentary you can have my first cushion creation for free! x

      Delete
    4. Awwh that is so sweet! I'll definitely show it off on my blog and see if we can get you some more customers :) x

      Delete
    5. Yay! Let me know what sort of things you like and I'll try and draw you up some ideas? x

      Delete
    6. Oops sorry I never saw this! Ermmm, anything really! I like geometric and floral patterns :) x

      Delete
    7. Oops for me too, only just got the email about this reply?! But oo okay, I was speaking to my mum about it and she's spoke to me about the technicalities, but I'm hoping to start getting the stuff soon! x

      Delete