Thursday 24 January 2013

Skincare Routine

Hello lovies,
As you may, or may not, know I've changed my view on make-up and skincare as part of my new New Years Resolutions (view here) and I'm going to make myself comfortable and confident enough with my skin so that I don't reach for my make-up as a daily feature. I thought I'd do a quick post then of my skincare routine as of today (it changes alot depending on how I'm feeling.)

Okay so first of here are all the products used in my skincare routine:

(apologies for the super big photo, because I take all my photos on my iPhone the detail wasn't great on smaller ones :( )

We've got:
- Garnier Makeup Remover for sensitive skin
- Fragrance free baby wipes
- Regular cotton wool pads
- Simple Intensive Hydrating Moisturiser
- St. Ives Apricot Exfoliating Wash
- Oilatum Moisturiser (Prescription but can also be bought)
- Simple Moisturising Facial Wash
- T-Zone Tea Tree Facial Wash
- Freederm spot and blemish gel

I use the majority of these products daily, it's only the exfoliating wash I use every 3 days because I don't want to buff my skin away daily, also I don't usually tend to use both facial washes, I'll either use the simple one or the tea tree one, it depends on my spot and blemish levels really. I tend to use the tea tree one when I have blemishes because I feel it will fight them alot better than the Simple wash.

I just want to take a moment to rave about the Freederm gel, this product is genuinely amazing in my opinion. It's a little expensive at £5.10 for a 10g tube but boy does this baby work! You put it on the spotty/blemished areas after washing and before moisturising and it basically targets those spots and blemishes that are annoying to get rid of using the active ingredients within. I use this only when I have spots and things and I've found it works wonders, the spots have decreased in size and their nearly pale after being red the day before. I also find that it doesn't dry my skin out like other spot sticks/gels I've used before. A definite holy grail product for me!

I didn't think I used alot of products until writing this post! Maybe I need to cut down on a few..

Do you have a holy grail skin care product? Have you used any of these products before? 
Please let me know, I love getting comments and I promise I'll reply :') x

No comments:

Post a Comment