Tuesday 1 January 2013

Sales Haul!


Now usually, I'm not one to go out in the sales until the end of January, but this year my mumma dragged me out at 9am to Beaumont Leyes because she wanted a coat.. I'm happy, and slightly surprised, to say how not busy it was though at 9am. Considering I didn't want to buy anything I bought myself some, what I think, to be nice things.

New Look
Usually New Look's sales depress and scare me to be brutally honest, walking around in the cold which people's elbows jabbing into your ribs? No thanks. The store however was quite nice and clean and spacious, to my surprise..

I bought two things and saved a whopping £30! Being money conscious in the New Year I was so happy with these purchases. I bought this minty/flecked jumper with shiny elbow pads which was £10 reduced from £25 - it's a little long for me in the arm because I'm stumpy so the elbow pads aren't quite in the right place, but it's so warm and toasty. Ps. in the photo's it looks more grey, but in real life its quite greeny.





I also bought a dress, and for those of you who know me I am not a dressy person at all, but I now own 3 'going out' dresses and I thought I might as well buy another incase there are any more occasions arising. It's a lovely deep blue with little orange and turquoise flowers on, and I loved the scalloped edge around the bottom and arms.



This little item was reduced from £25 to £10 again! Absolute bargain, and I prefer this style of dress as it's simple and I don't have to worry about too many accessories - lazy, I know!


Superdrug
After reading so many reviews and recommendations of MUA products I finally bought myself some. I picked myself up 2 of their BB creams (£4 each) in Medium (shade 2), a pressed powder again in shade 3 and another pressed powder in shade 4 (£1 each) because I wasn't sure which one was best suited, I'd have thought they would have the same numbers for same shades but no. Shade 4 is pretty dark but I thought shade 3 was more like the BB cream shade, so I've got to try these out. 



Here's a very poorly taken swatch photo (sorry:(!) 


Shade 3 on the left and 4 on the right :) 

Whilst I was in there I needed to stock up on cotton wool pads as I used my last a few days ago, I use them for everything - nail polish removal, makeup removal.. they're so handy to use and I always keep a stash in my purse. I also bought, after recieving it in my Christmas stocking, the Simple 'kind to skin replenishing rich moisturiser' as they're currently half price. Usually I go for the tubs of moisturiser with the Day and Night (£4 each) type but I figured with this I'm getting 3 times the product for half the price of the tub! So I picked up 2 of those as I know I'll go through them really quickly. 



Tesco
I've been searching around everywhere for good little storage boxes that will fit into my cupboard because it's always a mess and I want to keep everything organised and tidy this year *fingers crossed*. We were in Tesco anyway so I thought I'd have a look and see what they had, bearing in mind I didn't want to pay alot because they're going to be hidden most of the time anyway. I managed to pick up 6 boxes for £6! Admittedly they were only plain white and the type you can fold away so they're only cardboard, but I thought why not! I got home and decided they were a little plain looking so I thought I'd decorate them with pretty paper and stick a label on them. 


The two without labels haven't got a use yet so they don't have labels, but I'm sure I'll have found one by the end of the month! Hehe.

All in all I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out, £6 boxes that I think look super cute and I can now leave my cupboard doors open without every man and his dog seeing the state of my affairs. 

Peacocks
I so nearly forgot about these as they're on my feet ha! I've needed some slippers since the Summer but I never really thought about getting any as I normally wear socks around the house, but I spotted these and couldn't resist! Reduced from £12 to £4 it was definitely a bargain not to be missed.




I think that's all for my haul really, sorry about the heaving blogs recently. They'll become less heavy over the month as I stop buying things and try to save..

I'd love to hear any comments you have too, so please comment away! :D Ps. I'm 15 page views away from 100 - although I have a mere 2 followers so far :( If you'd like any reviews of these too it'd be lovely to hear from you! 

6 comments:

  1. I adore your new look jumper! Its gorgeous. I love mint and tan brown, stunning combination :) are you going to use the pressed powders for contouring? If you are I'd love a review :) cute boxes too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! They had lots when I went, normally they have the one or two sizes which are complete opposites to eachother.. I'm thinking of teaming that with my brown kickers or something? Erm I think so, I can always try anyway - normally I just use them for finishing my face but I can YouTube how to contour then I'll do a review! Yay! Thank's for checking out my blog though! It's very appreciated as a newbie hee. xxx

      Delete
  2. omg those slippers are so cute!! haha
    happy new year!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I genuinely love them! They're so comfy too! Aw thanks, happy new year to you too! :D
      xxx

      Ps. Thanks for the blog! I shall be following soon:) xxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that jumper, the elbow patches really add an edge to it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete