Tuesday 1 January 2013

MUA Review


My first product review!



Since buying the MUA range I hadn't used it, so today I used it finally and I have to say I'll be repurchasing this until it goes out of stock! Its an absolutely brill product and for £10's worth of product in the photo above, considering I have two BB cream's when I only need 1 really there's £6's worth I know I will be using this again and again and again.

The photos on the right, as awful as they are, are only the products in the photo above and I think that's a fab result, coverage wise. Because at the mo, after all the christmas choccies my skin is awful, I have atleast 5 spots which are loud and red and horrible.

The BB cream itself is very very good. I used my Simple moisturiser as a base/primer then used a damp makeup sponge (from the Poundshop) to apply the cream. In comparison to the BB cream I usually use, Garnier's BB cream in Light, its more runny, more like a liquid foundation than a cream, but it still applies evenly and it doesn't highlight my pores on my nose - I have problems with them, they're huge and other foundations/BB creams tend to highlight them!! - and it's super easy to blend in. I'm glad I waited to get the Medium (shade 2) shade as the others would have been either too light or too dark. This shade was perfect for me and I could easily apply more on the lighter areas of my face to even it out a little. As for the packaging, it's good in my eyes. A few people said that it often squirts too much out so they waste product, I didn't find this however but that might be because I'm used to tube style creams. All in all, an excellent product which I'm sure I will continue to buy.

The pressed powders are equally good. The packaging is super cute and looks as professional as other brands such as Rimmel etc but they're 70% less in price! The pigments within the powders are brill too, I found shade 3 matched the BB cream I was using so I used that as a setter for the BB cream and then used shade 4 for a little bit of contouring (as suggested by Lauren at peachycurves.blogspot.com - a very lovely blogger!) on my cheeks where the natural dent is - yes, I made the fish face haa! The powders apply so well and don't sit ontop of the BB cream I found they blend in and create a skin like look. You do only need a tiny tiny bit of the powder though on your brush, I made the mistake of thinking it would be quite transparent and had to take most of it off as it was so thick and lovely.

MUA have fully converted me to their products and for the price I am mega impressed! I can't believe I paid a £1 for the powder when I've been used to paying a good £4/£5 for a standard setting powder. I haven't tried any of their mascara's or anything as of yet as I've still got plenty in my No7 one (a present from my lovely boyfriend), but when that runs out I'll be running to Superdrug!

Amazing products at amazing prices! 


Disclaimer: All opinions mentioned are my own. I have not been asked to promote or demote products by anyone else.



No comments:

Post a Comment